This list of suggested summer reading per vacation destination, provided by the UK paper The Daily Telegraph, is amazing. Granted, the “Cuba” category is superfluous for Americans, but the rest of the selections almost make me forget that I won’t be doing any traveling this summer.
- Updates to resume (semi) soon. Winter-break reads: Gone Girl; The Sense of an Ending; This is How You Lose Her; and a couple Alain de Botton 4 years ago
- Updates will recommence soon. Currently reading Hanna Rosin's forthcoming The End of Men: And the Rise of Women. goo.gl/mzjjM 4 years ago
- Reading a fascinating, terrifying memoir of a young woman's bout w autoimmune encephalitis, AKA the "Exorcist" disease: goo.gl/cuaGF 4 years ago
- Just bought "Barack Obama: The Story," David Maraniss's new bio that got all that fanfare in "Vanity Fair": goo.gl/4nzQ3 #hyped 4 years ago
- "In the Shadow of the Banyan," Vaddey Ratner's first, forthcoming novel about surviving the Khmer Rouge: goo.gl/pte1n #fridayreads 4 years ago